(Right-click -> Save as... to download hi-resolution.)
- 12 October 2010: Brass Masters (premiere with Hannaford Street Silver Band)
- 3 March 2010: Composer Rob Teehan receives JUNO nomination for “Classical Composition of the Year” for “Dreams of Flying”
- Two Juno Nominations for Oshawa Musicians
Lindsey Cole, Oshawa Express (click to read complete article)
- Done running with the dinosaurs at the London children's museum, versatile young composer Rob Teehan has been making sweet music at Western for the past few summers... (feature article, click to read complete text)
James Reaney - London Free Press (Jul 14, 2009)
- Wildfire, a work by young Canadian composer, Robert Teehan and commissioned by the HSSB, was a blast of energy and contemporary rhythms which highlighted the play between brass and percussion. Wood block melodies mingled with a vast and intriguing array of percussive instruments set against the striking, rapid-fire pulse of the brass.
Marilyn Reesor - The Barrie Examiner (Nov 13, 2010)
- The first half of the program ended with two offerings from the Brass Works: Rob Teehan's O Nata Lux and a medley of war-era Tommy Dorsey tunes. The first of these, like most of the items on the program, was solemnly beautiful, not to mention well-played.
Richard Todd - Ottawa Citizen (Nov 15, 2009)
- This was one of the best concerts I’ve heard all year, with repertoire that let the musicians stretch — Rob Teehan’s fresh, tuneful Dreams of Flying, Haydn’s Symphony No. 96; Mahler’s sprawling, chilling Symphony No. 6 — and, in Alain Trudel, a conductor who is unabashedly his musicians’ friend and champion.
Paul Wells - MacLeans.ca (Aug 5, 2009)
- The second half included ... an excellent performance by McCandless and the group of Red Tango, a brief but appealing piece by Canadian composer Rob Teehan. Teehan, who was born in 1982 (is anyone else feeling old?), wrote the piece for players in the National Youth Orchestra, where he was a staff member last summer and this year.
Steve Mazey - Ottawa Citizen (Jul 27, 2008)